Our Lady of Mercy Convent School is an all girls primary school located in Rosemount Terrace, Booterstown, Co. Dublin.
Our School begins at 8.20a.m. and finishes at 2.00p.m. Our Junior and Senior Infants finish at 1 p.m. The connection between the sisters of Mercy with primary education and Booterstown dates back to 1838 when their foundress Catherine McAuley opened a convent in Booterstown and many of the sisters took up teaching roles in nearby schools. Thereafter in the year 1887 a new Primary School St Annes in was opened on Booterstown Avenue for 600 pupils. Following the purchase of new land and the success of the sisters in their Primary School, a new school called Our Lady of Mercy Convent school was opened In 1968. Upon the opening of a boy's school on the Grotto Avenue, Our Lady of mercy Convent School became an all-girls school. In July 1969, St. Annes school and Our Lady of Mercy Convent School were amalgamated thus increasing the population of this school. The school was then refurbished in 1988. This refurbishment was completed by September 1991. To this day, Our Lady of Mercy Convent School continues to promote the ethos instilled by the Mercy Sisters. It has a happy, friendly atmosphere, and is staffed by a group of highly qualified and committed teachers. Over 250 girls are enrolled in the school, which offers a robust primary education taught with innovation, care and respect.